Selwyn District Council
This is a summary of all issues for one Council. You can go back and show all jurisdictions.
- No issues.
- Street Name SignThe "Marble Court" street name sign has fallen / been knocked down (others in the area also).
- Major slump in roadSomewhere close to the location marked on the map there's quite a major slump in the road in the eastern lane. It's been there for months but not been fixed. When I can I drive on to the other side of the road to avoid it. It is deep enough to bottom out the suspension quite alarmingly. It's not inconceivable that a less stable and poorly damped vehicle could lose control or stray into the other lane given the 100 km/h speed limit. It appears that someone knows about it, because it has a white line marked around it. It's not a top priority repair, but I think it has now been left too long and needs attention.
- PotholePothole at the corner of Godley and Aylesbury Roads.
- Slump in the roadOn Ellesmere Road, between Leadleys Road and Robinsons Road, near a lone tall poplar tree, in the southbound lane: a fairly large slump in the road that was repaired (here: http://fixmystreet.org.nz/issue/3659) seems to have returned. It's enough to bottom out the suspension, so it will only get worse, and could be dangerous on such a narrow, high-speed road for some vehicles.
- clear the side of the roadAll along the top of the Summit road are flax bushes near the road. Much though I like flax they are a very real hazard to cyclists as the fronds can wrap around the handlebars and pull you off your bike, as nearly happened to me. Ordinarily this is not a problem, but if cars pass they can force you to the edge of the road. With Le Race coming up, there will be a large number of cyclists, and they are not permitted to cross the white line, so many will be forced to keep left. Please trim these plants back a metre from the edge of the road, before Le Race (21st March). Also sweep all the shingle off the orad, remnant from the roadworks.
- Street light bulb outHi there can you please fix a street light down spring place as its blown. Is on the left hand side of the road around number 10 in front of flats
- pothole system on the inside corner of Trices and Ellesmere RdThere is pothole system on the inside corner of Trices and Ellesmere Rd, requiring evasive action into the traffic lane for cyclists to avoid.
- Serious Injury to cyclist due to potholeOn Saturday 12 May 2012 a colleague hit a large pot hole while cycling down Old Tai Tapu Rd near the intersection of Rhodes Rd, he was thrown over the handle bars and suffered a serious injuries including a broken back (breaks in five vertebrae), a broken rib, a broken pubic bone, and a shattered bone in one hand. He remains in the critical care trauma unit of Christchurch Public Hospital. This road has been in a serious state of disrepair for some time now and is not only a danger to cyclists, but for all road users. Can you please repair the pot holing in the Old Tai Tapu Rd as soon as possible
- Cycling DangerPlease could we get the potholes fixed in the Waddington area. Also this road is used by loads of Cyclists (training for the Coast to Coast amongst other things) but is very narrow in places and near misses with trucks are the norm here. We have even had deaths on our road. Please could we at least have a "Share the Road" sign