Waitomo District Council
This is a summary of all issues for one Council. You can go back and show all jurisdictions.
- No issues.
- Unfenced swimming pool.This property has a swimming pool on the front lawn, and there is no fence either around the pool, or around the boundary, which gives access to the pool from the street to anyone. We thought it is Council/NZ law that all pools were to be fenced. Sooner or later a child will use this pool unsupervised, and we all know how quickly a child can drown.We have heard there have been complaints about this pool in the past, but nothing seems to have changed. Thankyou for this forum to discuss this sort of issue.
- access way to multiple properties 11-13-15-17 tonga stcouncil access way to multiple properties 11-13-15-17 tonga st in poor repair
- Blackman St., Te Kuiti. 3910... - SignSign was pulled out of the ground by a group of teenages at about 1.00am last night. Then thrown into the park. Hole left in the ground where sign was - Hazard.
- oparure rdI was called by a rate payer to go and have a look at a stretch of this road from Smarts down to the bottom of the hill. He said it was a disgrace and it was. You could literally see the tar seal running down the hill. It is also severely rutted and the poor car owners are going to have their vehicles covered in tar. This is the same section of road that I mentioned at a recent council meeting where Inframax were required to come back and do remedial work only a matter of months after they had done rehabilitation. This needs urgent attention and is very disappointing.
- road falling into the creekthe road is slipping away and just adding layers of new seal will not fix the problem - it needs retaining and stabilizing please
- LandfillOnce again a dreadful stench coming from the landfill this morning and again tonight. Not acceptable when we have to close our windows to keep the dreadful smell out.
- Landfill againAnother day dawns & the same stinking problem. It's getting beyond the joke.
- dangerous rocksThe rocks at the end of the road leading down to the beach are Precariously balanced and the public are able to climb over these and do so to get to the beach.
- LandfillOnce again smelling & has happened on several nights recentely including tonight.
- Footpath needs sprayingThe un-paved footpath along Ellis Road, Benneydale has a weed growing on it which is slippery when wet. Someone apparently came out and sprayed the edges of the path but did not spray the weeds growing in the actual pathway. The community asked if the path could be sprayed.
- Water leakThere seems to be a continuous flow of water from our toby through our front lawn and down the road.
- Awakino Heads Road1. The public toilets need a coat of paint. The six bachs look down on the toilets and you can see the moss and lykin growing on the top of the toilets. 2. A rubbish bin is needed at Awakino heads Road lookout point. A lot of rubbish is dropped there by cars while parked. A lot of residents pick up rubbish there while on a walk. 3. At the point graffiti has been written on your white barrier that you have recently put there.
- Stench againStench from the landfill again last night (WED) & tonight (Thursday)
- LandfillOnce again dreadful stench from the landfill. Thursday 5.30pm
- Stench from landfillI complained about the odour coming from the landfill at yesterdays council meeting. I also phoned in about it this morning & have had no feed back & now at 6.30pm tonight the stench is back again. I have had to close doors & windows again as it is disgusting. Feed back for this occurrence would be appreciated.
- No footpathI live at 5 Butler Street. I walk nearly everyday all over Te Kuiti and find footpaths in good order, other than next door. There is NO footpath. Very difficult to push my grandchild in his push chair. It requires a deviation onto the road. I also have a family member who is disabled - using a wheelchair is even harder with no foot path
- Really bad odours affecting the neighbourhoodOver a long time both us and neighbours (to each other) have complained about the smell which we think is from the sewer which comes from UBP down Waitete Road past McIndoe Plumbing. I understand when the lines are flushed it improves for a time. We think this action happened after a person further down our road complained previously on a number of occasions) We understand its comes through non sealed manholes. It is very embarrassing for us with visitors and indeed its a part of our life that is continuous especially in the hotter months (and we can do without this impact on our life. What can you do to solve this please?
- Camelia Tree Outside 11 Taupiri Street, Te KuitiThere are 2 camelia trees outside 11 Taupiri Street, Te Kuiti. The one on the corner of Taupiri Street and Alexandra Street is so large that the school children cannot come from Alexandra Street and cross over heading to Nahna's Fruit shop, without having to step out on to the road by about 3 steps to see if there are cars coming from the south of Taupiri Street. It is becoming very dangerous.
- Playground Children Slide StepsThere is metal lead pointing upwards, which is really dangerous could poke/cut children feet. This located on the first few runs of the steps leading to blue slide.
- Foot bridge needs repairFoot Bridge from georgette street across to the play ground (on Council land) needs repair, it has gaps in the Boards and a loose hand rail. Gary Lowe (local builder) suggested covering it with a thick plywood and said he would do the job for free if Council supplied the plywood.
- Lense hangingA lense has been hanging open off a light for weeks outside 45 Esplande
- Streetlight not workingStreetlight has been out for approximately 1 week. It is the light that is situated outside 9 & 11 George Street, Te Kuiti
- Mangaiti Road in Mapiu is in need of grading and potholes filled inRoad is in terrible state. Large deep potholes are a major hazard to traffic. Metal has washed away in one place and has left deep ruts. When it floods the metal that has been replaced here just keeps on slipping away and then just gets filled an replaced but never fixed properly.
- Faulty street lightStreet Light No. L0280 on the Esplande, Te Kuiti, has lost its defuser and its gear tray is hanging by its wiring. Big Health and Safety risk to public walking on Footpath, could result in serious harm.
- Service cover removedOn corner of Queen & Lawlor Sts, blue service cover has been removed & thrown into my hedge. The blue cover is currently behind my hedge up by the mail box.
- Shoes hanging from Power LineA pair of shoes are hanging from the power line outside 1 Nettie Street, on the Ngarongo Street side. It would be nice if they could please be removed.
- WeedsOn either side of the fire station there is deadly nightshade amongst other weeds growing out of the gutter. Not a good look.
- Blocked view at intersection Taupiri St & King StAt the Taupiri St & King St the view where children cross the road is blocked by shrubs in the garden. I was told the gardens were to be redone (last year) in the mean time these shrubs are growing taller. This morning I saw the high school students turn the corner, but missed seeing the little one go straight ahead to cross the road.
- Plants in gardens too highThe plants in the gardens by the round about at Taupiri and King Sts are too high. Driving along Taupiri St from Mitre 10 end I have often missed seeing children about to cross the road - this is the 3rd time I have mentioned this.
- Gardens overgrowing footpath.The house at 53 Ward Street Te Kuiti, has its gardens completely covering the footpath. This footpath is on the busy corner of Hill Street and Ward Street, used by many children walking to school, town etc. All users of this section of the footpath now have to walk on the road on the corner to get past this house. Someone is going to be hit by a car through no fault of the driver as there is very limited vision approaching the corner. Please ask the occupants to trim their gardens back to allow full use of the footpath, thanks very much.
- Bamboo on Council LandAt the end of Wesley Terrace is an area belonging to the WDC. It is a bamboo bush which is growing out of control. In the past, Mr Parlayne, used to maintain this bamboo growth, but in recently months (probably 2 years) this area is getting out of control. The area, just in front and at the end of Wesley Terrace, is also WDC land. A few years ago I have gained permission from the WDC to fence an area off and maintain it myself. At the start of this year, at my own cost. I removed a tree on demand of the The Lines Company (at my own cost). I am also quite willing to landscape and maintain the area leading into my property. The driveway (also WDC land) has not been fixed or maintained for more than the 14 years of my occupation of 12 Wesley Terrace. I really would like the WDC to address the bamboo issue, as well as the driveway.
- Stree light outside Rangitoto School, 949 Rangitoto RdThe streetlight outside Rangitoto School,949 Rangitoto Rd does not work.
- Clean up of vegetation debris on verge of corner property on Hill St/Elizabeth St, Te KuitiTreescape Contractors have left bamboo cuttings and other tree debris on the verge of the corner property. This resulted in the resident being unable to keep the verge from Hill Street into Elizabeth St mowed and tidy and our street looks very unkempt and neglected. Not at all in keeping with the 'vibrant and thriving' image we would all like for Te Kuiti
- ROAD BEING PATCHED AND NOT REPAIREDOn the corner of Rora and Ward streets in Te Kuiti. Just on the Railroad tracks, this piece of road has been patched so many times and the patch lasts 1-2 days untill a truck goes over it then the ashpalt breaks up again. This needs to be relaced permanently.
- Graffiti at Mangaokewa ReserveThere is alot of tagging at the reserve (viaduct) including the toilets and signs.
- a depression on Te Kumi Road, Te KuitiOn Te Kumi Road, infront of 41 Te Kumi Road Te Kuiti, there is a depression in the tar seal which is deep enough and wide enough (and getting worse in warm weather) to shake heavier vehicles and trailers and any multiple axle vehicles creating loud clasps of metallic thunder waking us up at night. It shakes my house and adjacent properties as well. I am not sure if Te Kumi Road is looked after by WDC. But I hope that I can get your support and endorsement so I can take this up to the correct office concerned. Please give me a call if you want me to discuss this request with you in more detail. Thank you.
- broken street lightstreet light working when it wants to and needs another light in the middle of the street or the current one move down further pitch black at night and had issues with kids and cars hanging around in the dark cant identify anyone due to poor lighting
- Maraeroa rd needs gradingHi the stretch of road just of SH30 in in a poor state, can it have some attn?
- Mangaiti Road in Mapiu in need of maintenanceOur road in in dire need of having some maintenance done to it. There are corrigations and potholes all up the road and lack of metal is making the road dangerous in the wet winter conditions. The residents of Mangaiti road have been putting up with it for some time now but someone really does need to take a look at it. The entire road is like this, not just one part of it.
- potholes on roadpothole on entry to Mangaokewa Road from SH30, also potholes on flat after bridge are getting bad.
- street lightingLight opposite 50 Hill Street Te Kuiti has not worked for more than 2 minutes at a time for months. This is a dangerous corner that needs good lighting.
- No road Maintenance for 20 plus years. 70 Main north street MokauThis should be the responsibility of the district council, but local land owners are having to maintain the right of way road over the years with no cost to the council. No service utilities at road side. The road is only usable by 4 wheel drive & trucks are unable to use. It only has ever had a layer of 40mm dirty gravel. Drainage has not been installed to a good environmental standard & when it rains it floods low laying properties with flash flooding effects.
- Two lights not workingThe two street lights closest to McIndoe group's showroom are out - they were out last night as well. (One at each end of showroom)
- No issues.
- No issues.