Palmerston North City Council
This is a summary of all issues for one Council. You can go back and show all jurisdictions.
- No issues.
- No issues.
- Light not workingThe street light outside 17 Russell street is not working
- Traffic lights not green long enoughHi, This morning and every other morning, I travel along Park Road and turn right onto Fitzherbert Avenue. However the right hand green arrow on the traffic lights does not stay green for long enough to let more than 4-5 cars go through. Then we have to give way to oncoming traffic coming through from the other side of Park Road. I came through around 7:48am and I didn't get through to Fitzherbert Avenue until 7:56am. The traffic was backed up past Batt Street and sometimes gets further back than that. This is also a problem in the afternoons, around 4:30-5pm. I'm asking that the green hand arrow for traffic turning onto Fitzherbert Avenue stays green for a lot longer to get more traffic through. Thanks very much, Sarah
- Car parked with expired REGO and WOFCar Rego HFN768 has been left parked and unmoved for about 2 month. It has expired rego and wof. It has been parked badly as it is far from the road side (can be hazardous).
- Water main handle broken and can't be turned off or onI am wanting to put in a new super tub and need to turn off the water main before installing. The person who is installing the tub was unable to turn the water supply off as the handle crumbled away to nothing. I purchased a new handle but with the new handle on it was unable to turn. Address - 25 Clyde crescent Palmerston North. please help
- Street light squeakingStreet light outside 8 Bourke Street squeaks loudly in wind, all day and all night. Needs fixing, is intensely annoying, but also could be dangerous.
- new lights not workingNew lights that have jus been put in outside 25 clarke av an 28 clarke av are now not working which makes part of street very dark
- Street Light Not WorkingStreet light outside my home not working.
- Stones on old West road corner around turitea road exitThere are a lot of loose stones and rough road surface remaining from the road works at the corner of Old West road, Turitea road up to Summerhill. Very dangerous to have loose stones on a corner, especially with a gradient like this.
- Green Arrow not workingThe green arrow traffic light (turning right out of Cuba street) at the intersection on the corner of Cuba and Rangitikei street has not been working for about a week. Cars turning right will not realise the light is green which causes a few angry drivers tooting at them.
- Poor repairTurning left off Kelvin Grove Road into Stoney Creek Road has developed/redeveloped significant potholes to the point that I am concerned about damage to my new car. It is absolutely necessary to slow down to a crawl before starting to turn the corner so you can try to dodge the pot holes. this is already a very dangerous intersection, which doesn't seem to have been improved by recent works and having to take this extra precaution is creating another hazzard especially for those not turning who are not necessarily prepared for me slowing down so much. Also, heading up stoney creek road from WHakarongo, where the same works took place, there are also new/refilled potholes. It is not really sufficient to keep just filling the holes. Within weeks, we seem have the same problem. This whole intersection could probably do with being resurfaced by experienced roading contractors. Yours in anticipation:). Many thanks.
- Potholes very dangerous to cyclistsThe potholes have appeared once again on this repaired section of the road making it very dangerous to cyclists who must cycle in the middle of the road to avoid them. Despite two repairs of the potholes, new ones have formed and are very deep for cyclists to hit. There is a further pothole along the road 200m towards Pahiatua which has not been repaired since reporting the issue many weeks ago. It is also in a dangerous position for cyclists.
- potholes dangerous to cyclistsThe potholes have reformed after the initial repair in new spots and are forcing cyclists into the middle of the road to avoid them. There are additional potholes forming 100m along the road again as well. The shocking repair job after the cable ducting was carried out will mean potholes will simply carry on forming after repairs. Perhaps a roading engineer needs to look at the problem to come up with a long term solution (probably resealing the two sections of road) rather than patching repeatedly.
- Car with expired WOF and Rego left parked on side of roadCar Rego ZM8035 has been left parked in this area and unmoved for several weeks, it looks to be in poor repair and has a WOF and Rego that expired last year.
- pothole dangerous to cyclistsSome potholes are developing in the section which was dug up during cable ducting along the road. The potholes are dangerous to cyclists as they cause them to veer into the middle of the lane to avoid them. A further pothole has also developed some tens of metres along the road towards the Track.
- Faulty street lightFaulty street light cycling on and off just outside driveway towards 15 Long Melford Rd Awapuni
- Pavement brokenPavement needs fixing badly broken
- Pavement missingPavement was cut out quite a while ago and never been fixed
- Street Light Cycling On/OffA street light located on Churchill Ave directly outside of 2 Woodstock Place is cycling on/off approx. every 15 seconds.
- Street light not workingThe street light opposite 68 Royal Oak Drive is not working, it occasionally works but most nights does not at all.
- Hokowhitu street lights not workingAll street lights around Hokowhitu, Albert Street etc. are not working at night
- Dangerous pothole reformed after bad repair jobOnce again, the potholes have reformed after the repairs have failed. The response to the reporting is excellent but the repairs have begun to fail both times only weeks after the repair. A better repair than simply filling with hotmix and tamping down is needed or the problem will reoccur yet again.
- Dangerous pothole reformed after bad repair jobOnce again, the potholes have reformed after a shoddy repair job. The potholes were underfilled and this has quickly led to them reforming as bad as they were originally. Full marks to a quick response but poor resolution.
- Dangerous potholeVery dangerous pothole in line with descending cyclists, causing them to move into path of following cars to avoid, or crash if hitting this large pothole.
- Street light not working all the timeThere is an intermittent fault with the street light outside 9 Ruha St. This has been an on going issue for a long time.
- dittmer reservesignage leading into waitoetoe park from Dittmer avenue has been defaced
- Street lights not working at nightThe street lights down the lower quarter of Rongopai Street don't work at night and haven't done so for the last 2-3 weeks. We have seen Tenix there [eg yesterday] doing something and the lights have been going when they are there but not at night when they are needed. It is extremely dark and some of us need to walk this street to get to UCOL or work, or home, and we do not feel safe doing so while it is so dark. Please can they be fixed. Thanks.
- Street lights been outWe reside in worcester street.We just came to know about this sight.Want to report that the street lights been out nearly a week.
- Street Sign spellingRecently new street sign of Emmerdale Mews installed, but the spelling was not right. Printed "Emmerdale Mew" instead of "Emmerdale Mews". I hope this to be corrected as soon as possible.
- Street Sign missedI found street sign missed yesterday. I hope it should be replaced asap.
- Insealed surfaceThe road between 92 and 96 Rosalie Terrace has had 2 unsealed patches for a very long time, causing the road to look like a construction site for a very long time.
- Stormwater holeThe Council has been working in this street for many months. They have however not yet completed the last stormwater man-holes in Rosalie Terrace (between 94 and 96). It is a nuisance, as the slightest wind causes the barriers to move, and the residents cannot leave their properties without having to re-position the barriers. They also cannot park any vehicles outside their properties, which means that visitors need to park in front of other properties. Please get this job finished.
- Deep hole in my back yard located with red painted crossI came home from work and found this in my backyard and my neighbours backyard. I did not give permission for anyone to come on my property and drill a hole. There were two painted areas and the hole is very deep- who has done this without my permission - is it the council
- blocked stormwater gratestorm water pipe blocked. When raining the water overflows and travels along gutter to next grate - overloading it.
- broken glassbroken glass on the street
- Broken pavingThe paving outside 42a Clifton Terrace is a safety hazard to anyone walking on the sidewalk at night!
- Paving liftedThe footpath has cracked and lifted and is causing many people to trip over it. There is a blind man in the street whose safety is also challenged by the broken paving.
- Street light not workingThe street light doesn't work most of the time, although it does switch on now and then. There have been burglaries last year, therefore a risk.
- Broken footpath in two placesthe footpath has broken outside number 17 and also around the end of the street in front of number 16. We have many kids who scooter and run around also a blind lady who walks a lot around the street and this is something we would like fixed if possible please.
- Painted distance measurer on walkway.Can the distances painted along the walkway of Pioneer Highway be repainted again please. They are very difficult to see and in some places grass has grown over them.
- broken water mainwater main bubbling onto pavement outside breakers cafe
- Water Flooding RoadThe road in front of our house floods when it rains. When it doesn't rain, there is a continuous flow of water such that we had to buy a stepping stone to get over the water.
- Leaves: Blocking gutter aLeaves: Blocking gutter and covering road at the end of Manuka Street.
- Potholes at Northern edge of roadThere are some potholes at the edge of the seal on the northern edge of the road. The road is already very narrow for the amount of traffic during drop-off and pick-up at Tiritea country school.
- Roadside drains go nowhereThe roadside drains on School Rd. drain onto land and not into the culvert running under Wellingtons st.
- Stock on roadStock are often teathered along the roadside to graze with leads and chains that permit them to wander onto the road. Visibility coming around the corner from Beaconsfield St. onto School Rd. is very poor. Encroaching fence on the roadside makes avoiding stock difficult.
- Abandoned vehiclesSeveral vehicles are parked on the roadside behind a fence that encroaches on the roadside.
- Encroachment on roadsideA permanant fence with gates has been put up outside the property boundary, right against the roadside making it very difficult to pull over for oncoming traffic.
- poor road conditionat the lights on tremaine
- Pothole in streetThe hole has been in the street since the winter