Nelson City Council
This is a summary of all issues for one Council. You can go back and show all jurisdictions.
- No issues.
- Poorly maintained council landscape areaLandscaped areas inside traffic islands poorly maintained. Ivy growing up trees smothering them and also growing onto road.
- Poorly maintained council landscape areaSmall lanscaped area at intersection of gracefield and stafford ave is poorly maintained. Ivy growing up trees smothering them. Also safety issues with ivy and flax growing onto/over the shared pathway.
- Overhanging footpathTree branches overhanging footpath. Unsafe as anyone taller than 4 foot has to duck under them. Not very well maintained gardens either.
- Street light not goingStreet light outside #20 Ashbury Street not working - has been reported several times and attended to but still not going
- Domett street could be safer with simple changes.The section of Domett St between Bridge and Hardy currently allows 2-way motor traffic. It is primarily used by traffic entering from Bridge Street end, for all-day parking. It would be much safer for people on bicycles if motor vehicles were prevented from entering Domett St at the Hardy Street intersection (making it one-way or doing something similar to the recent change on Hastings St.) There is only one premises (Maitai School) that might require access from the SE-end, so the NW-bound lane COULD be closed from that point. Domett would thus become one-way for motor vehicles, but 2-way for bicycles. It would also be good if the Bridge/Tasman/Domett intersection had a safety island for bicycles to cross Tasman from Domett. (This would extend and improve the pedestrian haven). Such changes would improve safety for people AND motor-vehicles at the Bridge/Tasman/Domett intersection, by preventing motor-traffic entering that intersection from Domett St. It would also improve pedestrian safety as currently the footpath has no curb and motor-vehicles sometimes drive ON the footpath to avoid oncoming traffic! The Domett St route is important for people on bicycles, as it provides access to/from East Nelson & the CBD, and Tasman Street is too narrow and busy to ride safely. Improvement of this stretch would be very much appreciated! :)
- Broken Glass Bottle on pathwayLane between Bridge St and Buxton Square beside Speedy Print, broken glass bottle with broken glass across pathway.
- Fire hydrant cover missingThere is a small cover missing on a fire hydrant in the bus stop outside Girls' College
- Vegetation obstructing shared path in Neale Park and Trafalgar ParkVegetation obstructing path along the shared path in a number of places
- Dangerous bump in narrow bike laneBiking down Vanguard Street, crossing Toitoi St, the bike track is very narrow and has a nasty bump which put my neck out a few weeks ago. Avoiding the bump requires going on the, also narrow, car lane which is rather dangerous.
- Ivy overgrowingLandscaped areas inside traffic islands poorly maintained. Ivy growing up trees smothering them and also growing onto road. Still not done
- Poorly maintained council landscape areaSmall lanscaped area at intersection of gracefield and stafford ave is poorly maintained. Ivy growing up trees smothering them. Also safety issues with ivy and flax growing onto/over the shared pathway. Still not done
- Uneven Road Surface on RoundaboutRecent road works (last 2 weeks) on and around the roundabout have left a poor and uneven road surface on at least 2 road lanes forcing cyclists to either crash or slow down unreasonably, thereby holding up traffic.
- Uneven Footpath Surface following road worksRecent road works on Vanguard St footpath has left the surface poorly finished and uneven
- No issues.
- Water leak in roadwayWater bubbling out of a seam in the road
- 1903 squareBroken glass on pavers
- Street Light not been working for about 2 monthsFirst light in Grove Street past the Milton St corner on left hand side heading towards the hill
- Street light shining into bedroomThe street light at the top of Hampden street East shines into a bedroom of number 282. Please could a lamp-shade be placed on the West side of the light?
- Dumping on council landPeople are dumping garden and household rubbish including an air conditioning unit on Council road reserve. Area needs to be cleaned up with rubbish removed and planted up to discourage this. Plants include invasive wandering jew, agapanthus, gorse and old mans beard.
- Car abandonedCar license plate is WO4635, is a dark blue station wagon halfway up Wolfe St. Has not been shifted for months and the last registration is April 2013.
- Street light shining into house, noticeable at night in bedroomsStreet light shining into house, noticeable at night in bedrooms. Would like a cover to be fitted on the house facing side of the light please.